At Inform, we believe that we have an obligation — to our employees, our communities, our investors, our customers and the environment — to operate our business sustainably. Our management is responsible for enabling employees to contribute to our environmental objectives and to implement this policy.
Operating our business sustainably has been a core value at Inform from its inception and this commitment is embedded in our code of business conduct and in our sustainability guiding principles:
- Creating healthy, collaborative and innovative work environments
- Reducing operational costs and increasing productivity through thoughtful resource conservation and waste reduction
- Driving profit responsibly
- Fostering a culture of involvement in sustainability through employee education and engagement, and
- Enabling our customers to become more sustainable through the use of our products.
Specifically, Inform will:
- Continue to develop digital products and product features designed to enhance the sustainability initiatives of both employees and customers
- Partner with our suppliers to operate sustainably, reduce waste, and commit to powering digital delivery of product with 100% renewable energy. This extends not only to our own data centres but also those of our partners.
- Continue to provide healthy workspaces for our employees through sustainable renovations, construction, operations, and certification whenever possible
Disclosures (EPDs), to create workspaces optimised for human and environmental health
- Continuously improve tracking of sustainability metrics throughout our operations and digital supply chain
- Measure Scope 1, Scope 2 and Scope 3 (business travel, supply chain, commuting, etc.) carbon emissions and other reporting outlets; and implement strategies to reduce them
- Develop the ability to measure and reduce all Scope 3 emissions by working with our suppliers, encouraging our employees to commit to public transportation and zero-carbon commuting, and to reduce employee travel through programs like working from home.
- Act on implemented, in Scopes 1, 2, and 3 to grow our business while using less energy and emissions to do it
- Reach our goal of running our operations, and digital delivery of product, with 100% Renewable Energy (RE) by 2035 through a sound strategy of:
Energy efficiency excellence
- On-site renewable energy when it makes economic sense
- Continue to measure and reduce per capita water usage at every site
- Educate and engage employees on sustainability at home, work, and throughout their communities through a combination of employee communications, learning sessions, and hands-on opportunities
- Report results of our sustainability program to employees, executive management and other stakeholders, minimally once per fiscal year
- Ensure accurate climate risk assessment, such as environmental compliance, and reporting transparency through a combination of self- and third-party audits and certifications.
- Perform to our internal environmental management system that solidifies our operational rigour surrounding sustainability in risks, opportunities, processes, governance, communications and outcomes.
- Inform employees, vendors and visitors have a legal duty to ensure that all environmental laws and regulations are met. For any potential environmental violations, such as spills, strange odours, inappropriate chemical disposal, etc., report them to your Inform
Inform expects that each employee, vendor and visitor will follow the above practices to ensure that inform meets its reported sustainability goals. This Sustainability Policy has ultimate lineage to Informs Code of Business Conduct as well as from all Board and senior level management policy. Please follow the guidelines set in this policy statement.
This policy has been approved by Chris Owen, CEO of Inform Communications Ltd. Updated May 2020